Gibbs Construction is always looking for great people to join our team! We provide a strong nurturing home for humble, hungry, and smart talent looking for a team within which to grow and contribute. Gibbs employees are nimble authentic collaborators – this team is our core value. We are committed to providing the tools, knowledge and feedback to ensure that each employee develops as an individual and as a member of the organization.
If you are interested in joining Team Gibbs, apply here, or you may mail or hand deliver applications and resumes to our main office.
Gibbs Construction, LLC
Attn: Human Resources Department
5736 Citrus Blvd. Suite 200
New Orleans, LA 70123
Human Resources Fax: 504.733.4335
Gibbs Construction is an equal opportunity employer.
Team Gibbs prides itself on being a strong nurturing home for humble, hungry, and smart talent. At Gibbs Construction, teamwork is one of our core values. If you have previous experience in project management in commercial construction and you’re looking for a collaborative and supportive culture, Gibbs may be the right fit for you.
The project manager is responsible for the completion of projects safely, on time, in budget, and in accordance with plans and specifications. The project manager uses inherent intuition, intelligence, experience, skills, and wisdom to ensure projects are built with quality, professionalism, and integrity consistent with the vision, values, and culture of Gibbs Construction.
Essential responsibilities include|
- Understand, prepare and administer Gibbs contract and subcontract agreements.
- Develop and enhance client, architect, consultant, subcontractor and vendor relationships fostering a “trusted advisor” status.
- Establish, update, and communicate the master project schedule and manage its implementation with input from the Superintendent.
- Work in coordination with the preconstruction department in the development of the project to understand project/site knowledge and schedule information.
- Organize and facilitate preconstruction and ongoing meetings with subcontractors and owners.
- Become thoroughly familiar with the construction plans and specifications to gain a full understanding of project scope and requirements. Lead the project team with complete knowledge of the project documents during construction.
- Manage budget and financial reporting, interpret and analyze reports to ensure adherence to project budget.
- Keep management informed on progress for project and budget through regularly scheduled monthly progress report (MPR) meetings.
- Work with the finance department to initiate the pay application process and follow up to ensure payment is received in a timely manner.
- Manage and oversee field operation and engineering processes and procedures. Implement the Gibbs quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) program.
- Prepare major purchase orders, and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to all project documents timely to meet the project schedule.
- Manage and develop assigned staff toward maximum job performance and career potential.
- Drive enforcement of safety protocols by the project staff and work with the safety department to ensure Gibbs’ commitment to safety remains a high priority.
- Understand, comply and advise others on business ethics and compliance programs.
- Provide leadership to foster an environment of diversity and inclusion.
- Support and drive utilization of various Gibbs initiatives. Promote and utilize emerging technologies and innovations to support Gibbs’ sustainable competitive advantages.
- Promote Gibbs’ involvement in the community to help build strategic relationships and to embrace the community in which we live and work.
- Demonstrate a high standard of personal accountability and integrity. Mentor staff to the same high standards.
Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering plus a minimum of five years of related experience. Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles. Proven written and verbal communication abilities, proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite of programs. Must have advanced presentation skills. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Benefit Highlights |
- Rich medical and dental plan
- Life and disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Quarterly safety meeting with team building activities
- Tuition assistance
- Weekly pay
Message us directly for inquiries, apply at email@example.com or upload your resume below.